Many people like gardening at balcony, and it’s easy to learn why. Growing your own flowers, herbs, and veggies may be a fulfilling activity that makes you feel accomplished and satisfied. There are many tips and tactics to help you get the most out of your gardening efforts, whether you are an experienced gardener or are just getting started. We’ll provide you some helpful home gardening suggestions in this post to get you started on your gardening adventure. These suggestions can assist you in quickly growing a wholesome and fruitful garden, from picking the ideal area to harvesting your plants at the ideal moment.
Kitchen Garden (Vegetable Garden)
You can make a plan to grow greens and vegetables in the backyard by using clean water from the kitchen and bathroom. Due to which you will get to eat pure and chemical free vegetables. By growing green vegetables in a limited area, domestic needs can also be met. There will be no need to use chemical substances in vegetable production.
site for vegetable garden
The place for vegetable garden is the backyard of the house, which is also called by us as Bari. This is a constitutional place. Because the family members can pay attention to the greens and vegetables in their free time and the water coming out of the kitchen and bathroom can be easily diverted towards the vegetable bed.
1. First of all 30-40 cm. Plow with the help of plow to a depth of .
2. Spread well prepared 100 kg earthworm manure in the field.
3. 45 cm as per requirement Or make ridges or beds at a distance of 60 cm.
Vegetable Seed Sowing and Planting
1. The main objective of the vegetable garden is to get maximum profit and fulfill the requirement of domestic greens and vegetables throughout the year.
2. Twelve season plants should be grown at one end of the garden so that their shade does not fall on other crops and greens can give nutrition to vegetable crops.
3. Simple washable vegetables like okra, spinach, and cowpea etc. can be sown by making trees or beds.
4. Onion, Mint, and Coriander can be grown on the ridge of the farm. Vegetable crops like – tomato, brinjal, and chilli etc. can be grown in nursery tree or broken pot one month before. In the initial stage this transplant should be watered after 3-4 days and later after 6-7 days.
Things to consider for setting up a kitchen garden
1. Make a compost pit on one side of the kitchen garden, so that household waste, plant residues can be put which can be used as compost after rotting.
2. For the safety of the garden, put fencing with thorny bush and wire, in which plant vegetables with vines.
3. Make small paths for the care and movement of vegetables and plants.
4. Make small beds for the vegetables.
5. Plant fruit trees on one side of the west side so that the shadow does not affect the other.
6. Plant the root vegetables on the ridge.
7. Choose vegetables according to the principles of crop rotation.
Select vegetables in such a way that they are available throughout the year
off season vegetables
These are planted in June-July. Cowpea, ridge gourd, okra, colocasia, bitter gourd, bottle gourd, tomato, chili, pumpkin etc.
rabi season vegetables
These are planted in October-November. Brinjal, Potato Fenugreek, Onion, Garlic, Spinach, Cabbage, Carrot etc.
Zayed Seasonal Vegetables
They are sown in February-March. Pumpkin class vegetables, okra etc.
benefits of kitchen garden
1. The vacant land around the house gets put to good use.
2. One gets favorite vegetables.
3. There is savings in family expenditure.
4. You don’t have to go elsewhere to buy vegetables.
5. The waste water and garbage of the house are put to good use.
So you have seen the benefits of a small kitchen garden, to know about such special benefits, you can take information from Krishi Jagran website.
Manisha Sharma, Krishi Jagran
English Summary: The amazing benefits of small kitchen gardens, which are beneficial for you Published on: 28 November 2018, 02:01 IST