Many people like gardening at balcony, and it’s easy to learn why. Growing your own flowers, herbs, and veggies may be a fulfilling activity that makes you feel accomplished and satisfied. There are many tips and tactics to help you get the most out of your gardening efforts, whether you are an experienced gardener or are just getting started. We’ll provide you some helpful home gardening suggestions in this post to get you started on your gardening adventure. These suggestions can assist you in quickly growing a wholesome and fruitful garden, from picking the ideal area to harvesting your plants at the ideal moment.
Kadamba is a famous flowering tree, which, like other trees, is quite large. They are found more in rural areas. Although they are found in many places of the country, but many of their species are found in North . The special thing about Kadamba tree is that it is full of chemical elements like alphadehydro kadambane, glycosides alkaloids, iso-dehydro kadambane, betasitosterol, clinovic acid, pentacyclic, triterpenic acid, kadambazenic acid, saponin, derived oil, quinaric acid etc.
Kadamba is a famous flowering tree, which is very big like other trees. They are found more in rural areas. Although they are found in many places of the country, but many of their species are found in North . The special thing about Kadamba tree is that it is full of chemical elements such as alphadehydro kadambane, glycosides alkaloids, iso-dehydro kadambane, betacetosterol, clinovic acid, pentacyclic, triterpenic acid, kadambazenic acid, saponin, derived oil, quinaric acid, etc. Because of this, Kadamba comes under the category of Dev tree.
Apart from this, it is known because of its medicinal properties. It liberates humans and even animals from all kinds of serious diseases. Kadamba has been mentioned by many poets of Brajbhasha because of its association with the pastimes of Krishna. Its flowers are fragrant, which also makes perfume, which is more useful in the rainy season.
Benefits of Kadamba:
1. If you have indigestion, then chew 4-5 raw leaves of Kadamba.
2. Give 2 teaspoons of its juice in case of heart problems or pulse sinking.
3. The juice of its leaves is also used to heal ulcers and wounds.
4. In Ayurveda, there is mention of medicine to remove fever from the dry wood of Kadamba and gargle with the juice of leaves in diseases of the mouth.
5. If the animals get any disease, keep its flowers and leaves in the animals’ enclosure, the disease will not spread.
6. Make a decoction by mixing 10-10 grams of Kadamba’s bark with its fruits and leaves in 400 grams of water. Consume it morning and evening.
7. Rubbing its bark and applying it externally cures conjunctivitis.
8. Its fruit juice increases mother’s milk.
9. Warming its leaves lightly and tying them on injury or wound or swelling will provide relief.
10. If the fever is not going away, then drink the decoction of Kadamba’s bark two to three times a day.
11. If red rashes have occurred on the body, then chew 5 leaves of Kadamba morning and evening.
12. If you are having loose motion, then drink decoction of Kadamba’s bark or 2-2 teaspoons juice of its bark.
13. Make a decoction of kadamba flowers and leaves and drink it in case of boils and sore throat.
14. If there is any deficiency in the blood, then eat 4 grams powder of Kadamba’s fruits and leaves continuously for one month.
Nowadays viral fever is spreading from house to house. From children to adults, everyone is falling prey to it. Although doctors prescribe many good medicines for this, but home remedies are effective to a great extent in curing this disease. Treatment for viral fever, chikungunya and dengue exists but it can be fatal if left untreated. The only way to avoid them is to start their treatment as soon as they are identified.
Girish Pandey, Krishi Jagran
English Summary: Do you know about ‘Kadamb’? Published on: 03 November 2018, 02:42 IST