Many people like gardening at kitchen, and it’s easy to understand why. Growing your own flowers, herbs, and veggies may be a fulfilling activity that makes you feel accomplished and satisfied. There are many tips and tactics to help you get the most out of your gardening efforts, whether you are an experienced gardener or are just getting started. We’ll provide you some useful home gardening advice in this post to get you started on your gardening adventure. These suggestions can assist you in quickly growing a wholesome and fruitful garden, from picking the ideal area to harvesting your plants at the ideal moment.
‘s name also comes in the list of big producers of honey. If we talk about honey production in , then the production of honey here has crossed 80 thousand million tonnes. Due to the better quality of honey, we also export it to other countries including America. In order to rapidly promote the production of honey in the country, the government has also given a budget of Rs 10 crore to the National Bee Board for the first time.
‘s name also comes in the list of big producers of honey. If we talk about honey production in , then the production of honey here has crossed 80 thousand million tonnes. Due to the better quality of honey, we also export it to other countries including America. In order to rapidly promote the production of honey in the country, for the first time the government has also given a budget of Rs 10 crore to the National Bee Board. That is why emphasis has been laid on increasing beekeeping rapidly in Morena of Madhya Pradesh.
Italian bee gives more honey
The aim of the Modi government at the center is to double the income of the farmers by the year 2022, and for this the government is giving a lot of emphasis on promoting beekeeping along with farming. According to the scientists of the Horticulture Department, the Italian bee gives more honey than the n bee. Actually the behavior of n bee is not very friendly. She leaves the hive and flies away. The same Italian bee is friendly, it comes back even after leaving the colony. The amount of honey in n bee is less. Their population is also less. The same Italian bee population increases to 50 thousand and it also produces three times more honey.
Italian bee arrived in Punjab Agricultural University
In the year 1963, Punjab Agricultural University had brought the first seed of Italian bee from outside. Research on this went on till 1976 and for the first time in the year 1976, two boxes of bees were given to the farmers of Punjab for beekeeping. Later, he took forward more beekeeping through these two boxes.
Horticulture department gives training and subsidy
Under the National Horticulture Mission, the Horticulture Department gives a subsidy of Rs 1600 to beekeeping farmers. This includes Rs 800 for boxes and Rs 800 for beekeeping. Four thousand rupees are spent by the farmer on the purchase of beekeeping including one box. This subsidy is available only to those farmers who have taken training from Horticulture Department or PSU Department. The box and bees should be purchased from recognized institute only. This university organizes training camps every year from February and March and September-November. This training is free.
profit from sweet revolution
Khadi Village Industries Department has started Honey Mission. Through this, farmers and those who want to earn money can start employment. People can earn extra by keeping bees under Honey Mission. Now such technology has come. Through this, the bee does not die while extracting honey, but mother and rearing are also made. On starting a unit of 10 boxes, 80 percent grant is given by the department. The remaining 20 percent has to be planted by the farmer. Estimatedly, the unit of 10 boxes of beekeeping costs 35 thousand rupees. Farmers have to invest seven thousand rupees in this.
English Summary: Italian farmers earn millions of honey from bee honey Published on: 27 June 2019, 02:04 IST
Show your support for Agriculture Journalism..!!
Dear reader, thank you for joining us. Readers like you are an inspiration for us to pursue agriculture journalism. We need your support or cooperation to further empower agriculture journalism and reach out to farmers and people in every nook and corner of rural . Your every cooperation is valuable for our future.
You must cooperate with us (Contribute Now)