Many people like gardening at home, and it’s easy to understand why. Growing your own flowers, herbs, and veggies may be a fulfilling activity that makes you feel accomplished and satisfied. There are many tips and tactics to help you get the most out of your gardening efforts, whether you are an experienced gardener or are just getting started. We’ll provide you some helpful home gardening advice in this post to get you started on your gardening adventure. These suggestions can assist you in quickly growing a wholesome and fruitful garden, from picking the ideal area to harvesting your plants at the ideal moment.
It is well known that ornamental gardening is being given an important place since ancient times, the evidence of which we get from ancient texts. In which Vishnu Purana, Shakuntalam, Ramayana, Mahabharata, Gita etc. are especially noteworthy. It becomes very clear in the study of these texts that how much our forefathers were attached to ornamental trees and plants.
Ornamental Garden Styles
Two main styles of garden construction are prevalent in Horticulture. According to a style, the garden is constructed by following the geometrical rules. In the second style, the garden is constructed on the basis of the principle of Modern Garden Art by disregarding the geometrical rules. Both the types of gardens are different from each other. Natural elements are mainly created in the gardens built by natural method, they are called landscape gardens, in which natural elements are included by trees, shrubs and clumps, long wide meadows etc. . Mostly these types of gardens are representative of rural environment. Formal gardens are not easily built in the cities. Apart from these two styles, there is also a third style of garden construction, in which the garden is constructed by taking some of the main elements of both formal and informal styles, which is termed as picturesque garden.
1. It is necessary to follow the following principles from the construction of the garden:
As far as possible natural elements should be included. It will be beneficial that it can be maintained and protected by spending less on time.
2. Planting of plants in the garden should be planned in such a way that when they are grown in the garden, they attract the attention of the visitors. To do this, plants of one species have to be grown in herds. Also, there should be an alternation of species at the time of flowering, so that the garden remains attractive at all times in every season.
3. The view of the decorated garden should be so attractive that the desire to visit it again and again awakens in the minds of the spectators. This scene should be of a stone statue, which is called Vista in the terminology of the garden. Its inclusion will not only enhance the beauty of the garden but will also help in getting rid of the inhuman tendencies of human beings.
4. The drawing of the ornamental garden should be done keeping in mind its usefulness and beauty.
5. Such a place should be considered as the base point, from where one can easily see the whole decorated garden by standing.
1. It is necessary to have all the essential elements of the garden i.e. fence, edging, flower greenery, vines etc.
2. Dense plants should not be planted together in the garden, because by doing so they will not develop properly, due to which they will remain weak, which will not look good.
3. Different varieties of flowers should be grown in the garden, so that the garden can look attractive with their colorful flowers.
Styles are divided into the following three parts
1. Formal Style
2. Informal Style
3. Free Style
4. Formal Style
This method is known as geometrical or symmetrical style. In this, priority is given to the creation of artificial environment. These gardens are based on different ideas. These gardens are made according to the situation in which the ideas and vision of the creator are displayed.
In this method, the design is prepared before planting the garden and it is kept in mind that everything in the garden should be balanced. It is said that they are of the same nature. Garden of Delhi, Taj Garden of Agare, Pinjore Garden of Pinjore are prime examples of this style. The Mughal Garden was built by Shah Jahan, which is divided into 16 parts. Every part of it has greenery (Lawn) ornate shrubs, plants and flowering plants. There are only one type of plants on both sides of the main road and beds have been made for seasonal plants, in which plants of seasonal flowers are grown every year. The boundary is made of bricks or stones. Planting or making this type of garden requires more labor and money, but the garden is very attractive and pleasing to see. Such gardens have been built in different parts of , out of which the names of the main gardens are shown in the following list.
Artificial artistic objects abound in formal gardens.
Four Diwari (Surrounding Walls): These gardens have walls made of burnt bricks. The main door is made very beautifully. These four walls protect the trees, plants, seasonal, flowers etc. grown in the garden from strong winds. Apart from this, it also protects from the harm caused by animals etc.
Paths: It is absolutely necessary to have paths through the gardens, because only through these the visitors can easily reach from one place to another, otherwise they will have to pass through the greenery (lawn), due to which there is a fear of dying of the grass. . Therefore, to reach different parts of the garden, beautiful paths are made by solid red stones, which can be straight or oblique.
Running Water: In ancient times, these types of gardens were mostly constructed near those hills from where springs emerge. Before the construction of such springs, it was necessary to take care of the availability of water, because flowing water in the middle of such gardens is essential. The flowing water further adds to the beauty of the garden. The flowing water in Vrindavan Garden (Mysore) is an example of this.
Fountains: If there are fountains in the garden with flowing water, a beautiful scene is visible from the rays of light when they walk. The fountains installed in the Vrindavan Garden (Mysore) present very attractive scenes at night, to see which visitors go there from all over the country and abroad. Its beauty is displayed in movies.
Baradari: Mostly in the gardens there is a room with 12 big doors. The visitors are entertained by sitting in it during the rainy season. Baradari is built in most of the Mughal period gardens, which also enhances the beauty of the gardens.
Informal Style: If a landscape is created on any small or large piece of land, then it is called an informal garden. According to Roote and Kelly, any land on which a beautiful view has been preserved. There is an informal or landscaped garden. In this type of style, ornamental trees and shrubs are planted in a captivating manner so that they are visible from all sides.
To provide these gardens naturally, hills, rivers, pools, drains, waterfalls, ponds, steep paths or elevated places are made. Lotus plants are grown in lakes and ponds, which increase beauty by producing red.
The main purpose of these gardens is to provide peace to human beings. That’s why instead of giving priority to beauty, priority is given to natural beauty. In this type of gardens, special emphasis is given on the following things.
1. Both evergreen and deciduous plants are grown side by side
2. Rose, lily, sunflower, chrysanthemum, zinnia etc. are not preferred and preference is given to boss, pine, silver lotus, iris etc.
3. Free Style This method is also called as pictureqe style or artistic style. These types of gardens are created by a mixture of various both formal and informal. The above style is used according to the place which is considered worthy. The trend of adopting this style is increasing gradually in the cities.
Sonu Diwakar, S.P. Sharma name of cast. Toran Lal Sahu, Hemant Sahu, Lalit Kumar Verma
Pandit Kishori Lal Shukla Horticulture College and Research Center Rajnandgaon (Chhattisgarh)
English Summary: Style of indigenous gardening, know its full potential Published on: 03 October 2018, 12:15 IST