Many people like gardening at home, and it’s easy to understand why. Growing your own flowers, herbs, and veggies may be a fulfilling activity that makes you feel accomplished and satisfied. There are many tips and tactics to help you get the most out of your gardening efforts, whether you are an experienced gardener or are just getting started. We’ll provide you some helpful home gardening suggestions in this post to get you started on your gardening adventure. These suggestions can assist you in quickly growing a wholesome and fruitful garden, from picking the ideal area to harvesting your plants at the ideal moment.
Cultivate these vegetables in Rabi season
Cultivation of main vegetables done in Rabi season which will give you profit as well as production in large quantity, so that you will be able to get maximum profit. These vegetables are cultivated in the month of October and it is very much liked by the people. These crops require low temperature at the time of sowing and dry and hot environment at the time of ripening. Rabi crops are generally sown in the months of October-November.
1. Sow early potato varieties: Kufri Ashoka, Kufri Chandramukhi, Kufri Jawahar till 10th October and mid and late crops: Kufri Badshah, Kufri Sutlej, Kufri Pukhraj, Kufri Lalima till 15-25 October.
2. Use 80-100 kg Nitrogen, 60-80 kg Phosphate and 80-120 kg Potash per hectare at the time of sowing.
3. About 20-25 ku for sowing one hectare of potato. Seeds are required.
1. Use 120-150 kg seeds per hectare for early varieties of vegetable peas and 80-100 kg seeds for medium and late varieties.
2. Use 30 kg Nitrogen, 60 kg Phosphate and 40 kg Potash per hectare at the time of sowing for vegetable peas.
1. Sow garlic at the rate of 500-700 kg per hectare, at a distance of 15×7.5 cm.
Spinach / Fenugreek / Coriander / Carrot / Radish Sowing
1. Sow other winter vegetables, spinach, fenugreek, coriander, carrot, radish in rows.
2. Spinach and fenugreek 25-30 kg, carrot 6-8 kg, radish 8-10 kg and coriander 15-30 kg seeds are required for sowing per hectare.
Cauliflower / Cabbage / Cabbage Sowing
1. Sow the seeds of late cauliflower like Pusa Snowball-1, Pusa Snowball-2, Snowball-16 and Pusa Snowball K-1 in the nursery. Planting of Pusa Snowball-2 can be done after 15 October.
2. Sowing of medium and late varieties of cabbage is done in the nursery in the whole of October and their transplanting can also be started from the middle of October.
3. After 25-30 days of transplanting, do first top dressing of 40 kg Nitrogen per hectare in middle class cauliflower and 50 kg Nitrogen in cabbage.
4. Plant cabbage at an interval of 30×20 cm throughout the month and use 35 kg nitrogen, 50 kg phosphate and 50 kg potash per hectare at the time of transplanting.
1. Top dressing of 25 kg nitrogen (54 kg urea) per hectare should be done first after 20 days of transplanting in capsicum and second after 40 days.
1. 45 days after planting of Kharif onion, remove weeds if any and do second and last top dressing of 35 kg Nitrogen (76 kg Urea) per hectare.
1. Use 40 kg Nitrogen, 50 kg Phosphate, 60-80 kg Potash and 20-25 kg Zinc Sulphate and 8-12 kg Borax per hectare for advanced varieties at the time of tomato planting. For hybrid/unlimited varieties, use 55-60 kg of Nitrogen per hectare.
2. Transplant varieties of tomato with limited growth at 60×60 cm and transplant varieties with unlimited growth at 75-90×60 cm.
This was the cultivation of vegetables done in Rabi season which will surely make you profitable. Will keep you informed about such special information.
English Summary: Information about important vegetables for farming in Rabi season Published on: 11 October 2018, 07:11 IST